Tonight, as with most Friday nights during this season of my life, I was out delivering Chinese food for Hunan K. I have to admit I don't always look forward to my second job, but it is much more bearable now that I only work two nights a week. There are some definite pluses to having this job (besides the money) that are enjoyable to me. For one I am able to hear quite a bit of sports radio. Tonight the discussions centered around the Super Bowl, which is coming up in less than two weeks, and to my surprise quite a few people are giving the Giants a chance to win, some even picking them to. I really don't mind who wins but I guess as I watch the game I will find myself wanting the Giants to win.
The biggest plus of this job though is by far the time I am able to spend with God, just enjoying Him and my unmerited position in Christ. Often this time looks like me having "Worship God Live" in the cd player, which right now would be my favorite worship album, and then God drawing my attention to His handiwork in the sky! How God displays His glory in the heavens has been marveled at for centuries; "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies proclaim His handiwork. Day to day pour forth speech, night to night displays knowledge" (Ps 19:1-2). God is clearly saying, "Here I am, and I am powerful"! Tonight as I was looking at the sky tract 4 of Worship God Live was playing, "You are the Way". This song just celebrates and worships Christ passionately for being the only way to the Father, and is taken straight from John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." What a precious truth for sure! But then couple that with Christ's handiwork in the sky and this just brings added joy to my heart. Hebrews 1 came to mind tonight, that Christ is upholding all thing by the power of His word! So the Son, who humble Himself so greatly in becoming man, is the only way to the Father, yet He is also the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of all things. This is cool! I can say with the psalmist that as for me it is good to be with God. This is where I am changed, not through striving or working, but just getting in the presence of God and staying there! Oh, it is a good place to be! The sons of Korah, whoever they were, once said that one day in God's courts is better than a thousand days anywhere else (Ps 84:10). They knew what they were talking about!
No comments:
Post a Comment